10/26/2009

Coming clean.





We spent this entire weekend cleaning and organizing.
Fun, right?
Normally, I would be complaining about how it was such a waste of a good weekend.
Oddly enough, it was perfect and just what I needed.

We are preparing for a crazy move overseas and seriously are running out of time before the packers/movers arrive to get this thing going. I am trying to throw together a garage sale for the upcoming weekend and have to get this stuff ready to go.
It will certainly alleviate stress to have everything organized when the packers arrive.
Oh, did I mention that I tend to accumulate things? I think I waiver somewhere near the hoarder line. I am not kidding. It's scary!
Anyway, it feels good to get rid of some of the things that have accumulated and that are taking up space. Sometimes these little "things" end up being energy drainers and leave you feeling overwhelmed. So, we are using this move to pare down and live a simpler life. I cannot wait to be free of some of the clutter.

All of this cleaning has me thinking about how our minds get cluttered. I, for one, waste so much energy on things in the past that have "accumulated" in my mind. All these issues that I hold onto sap my energy and just drag me down. I tend to "hoard" these emotions and feelings instead of talking about them. I am ready to lay all of these things out. I am ready to come clean. Although, I know it will not be easy, I will feel so much better when I "let go" of some of these things that I no longer need to hold onto.

It is hard to get rid of the things that we have held onto for so long.
I am looking forward to living a "cleaner" life.
A simpler life.

newsig

4 comments:

Unknown October 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

I'm right there with ya...I could use a good mental decluttering!!!

:) T

Julie October 26, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Couldn't have said it better!! I think all us could use a good mental Spring Cleaning every once in a while.

tara October 27, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

so very well written Alison, I agree with you, and am finding new ways to let those old feelings and pent up YUK go! thank you for sharing and wishing you luck with your move!

Kathy Campbell October 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

So very true! The feeling of accomplishment after a great day of cleaning like that is just wonderful.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP