3/08/2010

My weekend...

Not much got done around here this weekend. Although it wasn’t quite as crazy as a weekend filled with earthquakes and tsunami warnings, it was a crazy one nonetheless! My plans of refinishing my little dining room table had to be put off, once again.


My little birdie was sick and so our weekend started out on Friday evening with a trip to the ER. Amelia just hadn’t been herself since Thursday evening and I couldn’t get her to shake her fever for long. So after a reading of 104.3 it was time to go. We arrived at the ER at around 7:00 pm and didn’t leave until close to 1:00 am! Gotta love the ER! Let me tell you for a 19 month old that was not feeling well, she’s got a lot of fight in her. She didn’t want to be bothered. Let’s just say that the doctor was slapped around a bit! We left with a diagnosis of adenovirus.


I felt so bad for my poor sick little birdie, she just wasn’t herself. My little girl normally doesn’t sleep too much and is a nonstop ball of energy. I have never seen her sleep so much, which normally would be great, but she wouldn't let me leave her side. If I moved, she would wake up and fuss until I was close at hand.





Saturday was a beautiful day but we spent the majority of the time relaxing and watching “Up” too many times to count. Is it just me, or does that opening scene of Carl and Ellie’s life just make you cry everytime?




As the day progressed, my little birdie mustered the strength to read a book or two. I just love that she is fascinated with books. She sits down and really gets into them. I wonder what she is thinking?





By the time Sunday rolled around, she was still feeling pretty miserable. She wouldn’t eat, she wouldn’t drink. She only wanted to nurse. Did I just say that? Yes, my 19 month old {gasp}still nurses. We are working on this. Since we have moved, she wants to more than ever. Any thoughts, advice, help on this would be greatly appreciated!



As the day progressed, she was starting to get closer to her normal self. Still not eating, but fever was pretty much gone. I was so happy to see that pretty little smile again!




By late afternoon, we decide that maybe a little fresh air would do us all some good and decided to head outside. The day was warm and overcast, yet so beautiful! Have I mentioned that even the rainy days are pretty here?




The boys decided to play some football while the girls went out searching for sea glass and pretty shells.




Birdie decided that she didn’t want to look for sea glass and instead wanted to play ball with the boys. She didn’t respond too well to their reluctance to let her play.




All was well once daddy caved in and gave her the ball. She has him so wrapped around her little finger! She always wants to play with the boys, might have a tomboy in our future. I don’t think they ever got the ball back!




What started out as a crazy weekend, ended up turning out pretty well! Although I didn’t get much done, it was okay! I love my little family. I am truly blessed.




Gotta run! My silly little birdie is back to normal so I don’t expect this nap to last very long! Have a wonderful week!




newsig

4 comments:

tara March 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

Ali your photos are amazing, that 1st one is soo precious! keep up the great work and I am so glad you had a good weekend~

traci March 11, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

what a beautiful family you have. great photos!!!

Julie March 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

Aww daddy always caves....and who wouldn't looking at that pretty girl.

Anonymous March 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

hi sis,your photography is really amazing,and im so proud of you on that,congrats!your gonna go good places with it i can tell!miss my amelia so much and cant wait for you guys return.......jason!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP