3/10/2010

Coastal Inspiration

We have been living on this island now for a couple of months and we are trying to make our little duplex feel more comfy and homelike. Prior to moving, we were told that the homes here are a lot smaller than what we are accustomed to and advised to bring only the necessities. What a perfect way for a fresh start and a more simpler lifestyle, right?


Now, I am working on making our humble abode, homey for the next couple of years. I am really loving the coast and all of the bright, sunshiny, weather. I am drawing inspiration from the lovely colors of the sea and sand around me.


Let’s take a little look at some things that are inspiring me at the moment

...shall we?






I don’t think that it would be possible to ever be in a bad mood in this beauty! Everything is just so bright and beautiful! Love the vintage appliances!





I love everything about this bedroom, and I love the subtle mix of the blues and yellow with the white. Love the iron bed, ruffled bedskirt, and that knobby-legged side table is gorgeous! Wouldn’t mind staying in bed for awhile in this beauty!





I want an outdoor bath/shower area. Ideally somewhere near the coast, in my backyard, surrounded by a fabulous garden (gotta have a little privacy, ya know). That turquoise column and painted claw-foot tub just takes my breath away! Do you see it? A little peek of a mirror in the corner surrounded by some sort of vines, at least I think it’s a mirror. Whatever it is, it’s lovely!





Now this one....I just love the little pops of color in an otherwise neutral space. What really caught my eye was that lovely chandelier. Be.still.my.heart. Isn’t she lovely? She would look so pretty in a number of places. This might be doable very soon with all of the cool shells that I am finding!





Loving the linen slipcovered chairs here and the little wheeled coffee table. Of course the paneling on the walls is lovely as well as the neutral sea grass looking rug. What really drew my attention though, is the bright colors of the couch. I’m not normally into the really bright colors but maybe I should re-think that, it really makes the room here!



all photos courtesy of {Coastal Living}

Just loving the little hints of blue and yellow, aren’t those chairs cute? Ooh whee, that little peek of checkered floor, just what is it about a checker-floored kitchen? Oh, is that a breadbox I spy? I am looking for a really cool breadbox. It is super humid here and my bread keeps getting moisture in it. Any ideas?



Thanks for letting me share some of my inspiration with you today. Hopefully I will have some before/after pictures for you soon of our humble Okinawa abode.


Happy Tuesday.


newsig

7 comments:

Kasey March 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

so pretty!

Joy Taylor March 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Living in those pictures would make me feel like I was on vacation everyday!

ellieshine March 10, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

ooooooooohhhhh I'm loving the creamy whites with turquoise! yummy!

we keep our bread in the fridge.

Megan March 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

this is EXACTLY what you should do when you're going to put together a space, or a whole home. wait before you buy, search, think, get inspired, THEN make a plan once you know what you love and where it's going! the pictures are so bright- i think anyone would be excited to live there! i bet it will be fun to make your space your own with all your great ideas!

traci March 11, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

great photos. we must have very similar taste. i just did a drafted a post yesterday using a couple of the same photos. i want to live on the beach so bad.

michelle b @ every little thing inspired March 13, 2010 at 1:22 AM  

ali, i just wanted to thank you so much for following my blog!

just getting around to yours and i love your style! following for sure!

and so interesting to hear about your life in japan!

michelle...xoxo

kayce hughes March 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Love these pics! Just returned with some coral fans from the Bahamas...not sure that they will look as cool as the pic.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP