2/09/2010

Amelia and the beach...



Amelia has found the beach and from the first moment, she was in love! She has always been an outdoor kind of girl from the moment she was brought home from the hospital. If she was fussy, a short trip outside would calm her down. Now that we live on the beach, she thinks that every trip outside means we are going there. Outside to check the mail, "beach". Trip to the store, "beach". Going to pick up brother from the bus stop, "beach". She doesn't like being told no and this has made it extremely hard to get her strapped into the carseat!



I love seeing the look of joy on her face as soon as we start walking toward her beach.







She also loves searching for hermit crabs and is both fascinated and horrified by them! She picked one up today and dropped it as soon as she saw the little legs poking out. The expression on her face was priceless! Too bad I didn't capture it.








I love this picture of my sweet baby girl. It just reminds me of how innocence is so fleeting. It reminds me of that verse in the song "I Hope you Dance" by LeeAnn Womack. "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean".
newsig

2 comments:

Blondiensc February 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

She is just darling Alison! Did I ever tell you I love her name? Love it!! :)

Julie February 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Such an amazing experience she's going to have the next few years!!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP