2/05/2010

Testing my virtues

Dear Lord,


Thank you, once again, for teaching me about patience. I know, I really have to work on it. I think you will be happy to know that I kept my cool today in the midst of an all out toddler melt-down. It was raining, and I really had some place to be, and although that monster angel of mine wanted to go to the beach instead of her car seat, therefore commencing to throw herself down into a water puddle while at the same time kicking and screaming, I did not lose my cool. Did I mention it was raining? Even though I wanted to cry and throw myself down into the nearest puddle myself, I did not. Instead, I took a deep breath, strapped my reluctant toddler into her car seat, and grabbed my camera. I'm learning, I really am.


Signed,

Your humble child (aka Work in Progress)


p.s. Sorry for the run-on sentence.


newsig

4 comments:

Windthicket Fables February 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I am totally jealous of your back yard! How gorgeous!!! And I have had moments like that with my kids too. LOL. I wish I could tell you it gets better- but mine are still little and still in that stage. LOL. Good luck.

Following your REAL blog from MBC. I have a real blog too. Come see!

AverageJosey February 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Also following your REAL blog from MBC! So glad I found you, you've got some beautiful pics - especially your backyard! Would you like some company? lol I use my blog as a form of therapy too :) Feel free to stop by ~ looking forward to reading, sharing, and chatting...

Coupon Clippin Mommy February 7, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

The photos on your blog are amazing. I'm a new follower from MBC. You can find me blogging here:

http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

Julie February 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

That's the Amelia I know and love & the amazing mom of hers that I admire so much. Stay patient & strong!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP