10/02/2009

Looking up for a sign..



I have been hoping and praying for a better employment option for the hubby. He currently works as a contractor which pays well but has no permanent stability. We are constantly on pins and needles every time his contract is up for renewal. I know that he is constantly under stress and pressure to keep something steady that will still provide us with the lifestyle that we have grown accustomed to. Not to mention, allowing me the opportunity to stay at home with Amelia while she is little.
Well, the past few days have been crazy for us. An opportunity has just fell into our laps that could be really great for our little family. A position that would be more permanent and that has great benefits. This position is really sort of a dream job for the hubby and I can feel his excitement every time he talks about it. This position is abroad and would require us to pack up and move to Japan in less than two months! I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT OVER HERE! The logistics of this alone are enough to completely frazzle my nerves at the moment.
We just bought our house here less than 2 years ago and I am still picking out paint samples. Almost my entire family lives here and they were so happy to have us back close to home after 14 years of being away! This could be really huge for us. What do I do? I always find myself praying and searching for some sort of concrete sign when making huge decisions. I just want to make sure that we make the best decision for our family.
So, I find myself, once again, looking for a sign.

Send it soon... please Lord.

newsig

5 comments:

Brooke October 4, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

I worked abroad for a year, and I never regretted one minute of it. I missed my family terribly, but the experience was truly amazing. Remember, nothing is ever permanent. If you get there and are miserable, you can always turn around and come back home. What an opportunity.

Hoping the right decision comes easily to you.

Unknown October 4, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Oh my, Japan, that is really something! I know how hard that kind of decision can be. My husband has had several opportunities to work in foreign countries, and I just couldn't do it, but that's me. It sounds like a great opportunity for your family. Keep praying, I know He will send you a sign :) Your little Amelia is so precious!

:) T

Anonymous October 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

oh wow! That is a BIG decision! Keep seeking the Lord. He'll lead you! Could be an exciting adventure!

Kathy Campbell October 5, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

What an amazing opportunity. I'm praying for peace in a decision for you. God will let you know what you should do.

My husband lived in Japan for his first 4 years of life and it was still one of his best times. His mom LOVED it over there.

tara October 6, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

Wow, that is a big decision...I personally couldn't move abroad, but that is me...I know you will choose the right decision, and..nothing is forever!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP