9/23/2009

Running in circles.



I run.
I am a runner.
Many things in my life can be compared to running.
Lately, I feel that I am running around in circles, always ending right back where I started.
Other days I feel like I am running in place, never going anywhere.
I used to run for me, as my special therapy. Alone time, pounding the pavement with my thoughts and prayers to keep me company.
Then one day, running turned into a chore. Something that just had to be done everyday.
It was no longer peaceful and enjoyable just another motion that had to be completed.

Sort of like life in a rut. When you feel like you are just going thru the motions.
Same thing, different day.

I want to bust out of that rut!
I want to run like a child!
Fast and free with arms thrown out, not really caring where I'm going, just glad to be running!

So, I am breaking out the running shoes.
I will start slow and steady, one step at a time.
Although it may be painful at first and I may get winded, it will feel so good running forward again. In more ways than one.

newsig

7 comments:

Sarah September 24, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

Thanks for you comment on my photography blog - :)

I, too, am (used to be) a runner. :) I'll claim the title, because I've run lotsa miles through the years...it's just since college...not so much. BUT, I really want to break out my running shoes, too...since fall makes me feel all like runnin' and such. :)

Good post. Ispiriting. Especially the "alone time" and "time in prayer." I miss that time while I run.

Thanks for posting, Ali.

Sarah

Unknown September 24, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Not a runner over here, just the push ups and that's about it lately! Good luck "moving forward!"

:) T

a.love September 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

I wish I loved running...I just HATE it!! I mean, I loathe running...BUT I get the point...when something you love becomes work it's heartbreaking in ways. I hope your old loves opens back up and comes back home :)

Honey Bend Vintage September 27, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

I just found your blog and have really been enjoying it. How did you get those great post title fonts? I have been trying to do that but cannot seem to get it to work. Anyhoo really enjoyed your post!
Bristol

Anonymous September 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

I just went running today! I get lost in my ipod and get into a zone! But it takes awhile to get there.

dkdrury October 1, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Thanks for commenting on my photo.

This post … yes … this is me too. Exactly!

Window Cleaning Borough of Queens October 21, 2022 at 11:44 PM  

Thank yoou

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP