3/10/2011

Starting New


So....here I go, once again, starting a new chapter of my life. I have consumed so much time the past two years searching for myself. I went through a period of so many changes in such a small period of time, and to be perfectly honest.....I couldn't keep up! I felt like such a failure. I had spent the previous 14 years playing superwoman in a career where failure was not an option. So this was all new to me. I don't know exactly what made me wake up and realize that I couldn't keep going on like this, I just know that I was making myself and everyone around me a total mess. That's when I decided to stop searching so hard for "me" and just let myself be. I stopped attempting to squeeze myself into a perfect little mold. There are so many different sides of me that it was getting exhausting! It was sort of like trying to squeeze into those size 6 jeans that you still hold onto because you just know you are going to wear them again someday! Okay, well maybe size 8 jeans, but you get the idea! It wasn't all gonna fit! So now, I'm just taking it one day at a time and embracing whatever that day may hold: the good, the bad, and the ugly, and you know...it's so much easier!

Now, the past year has taken us to Japan and back home again(long story). So many lessons learned from that experience, but let's just say the grass isn't always greener! I did manage to get pregnant with number three while there, so something good came of the experience! We were blessed with another girl who was born in January! It's a little different, okay a lot different, having two little ones under the age of three at home. It's getting easier everyday though!

So what's in store with this blog in the upcoming year? Who knows... a little bit of everything! It should be interesting!

newsig

3 comments:

kasey March 13, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

I was just thinking about you when this whole Japan thing went down.

Jen April 20, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

Glad your back! I came to realize that blogging was to much for me...I just love reding them! Congrats on your new baby!!

lincoln park solar shades November 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time & to your new baby.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP