3/03/2010

a new love....

I have a new love. This new love makes me so happy!


I have had a thing for this “love” for a little while now but never like this.


Living on this island now for the past three months has

reintroduced me to my love of......sea glass.


Oh, the colors are just like the ocean!

All the various shades of blue and green that I adore.






Never before have I lived on a coast where there is such an abundance of the beautiful treasures. I feel like a little kid on an easter egg hunt every time we head out into the backyard. I never leave the beach empty-handed!


Now, I just need to be creative and figure out what I am going to do with all of it.


I think that it would make a pretty cool wind chime. Perhaps a way to pretty up and old chandelier or pendant lamp maybe?


The various colors of the sea glass are my inspiration for fixing up our little duplex for the next couple of years.


I foresee lots of projects and pictures to come in the immediate future!





newsig

9 comments:

Jodi Kendall March 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

so lovely!!!

my sister, her husband & their two girls just moved back to the states after living in Okinawa for three years... he's a marine... they miss it so much! Enjoy your experience abroad :)

tara March 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

So pretty Alison, I love the colors. We don't have any sea glass here so pick some up for me will ya? :)

Julie March 4, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

So happy to see you're beautiful pictures everyday :)

Carrie Ann Eddleman March 5, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Hey girlie, thanks so much for signing on for my giveaway, I love your name. Just wanted to let you know that I've added pics of the prizes, extended the date, and added more chances to win...in case you're interested.

tAke Care, Carrie

Joy Taylor March 5, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

so very cool

Anonymous March 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

I love sea glass also but I've only ever found a few pieces. It looks so beautiful together!

Cristin // Simplified Bee March 6, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Hi Ali,
Your blog is lovely. The seaglass you collected is beautiful too.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience - I have good news!

xo,
cristin
simplifiedbee {@} yahoo {dot} com

traci March 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

sea glass is so beautiful. i wish i could find some. we go to ft. myers beach in florida a lot, but i have never seen any. probably cuz it's on the gulf side - who knows.

kayce hughes March 21, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Beautiful i love the sea glass!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP