3/17/2010

Letter to my boy.





Dear Cameron,


It’s not easy being a teenager. You are going through so many changes right now and it can be hard to keep up. You are in a place that is not quite man, not quite child. You are walking a fine line in between what the world says to do and what your heart tells you is the truth. It can be hard, so hard.

Just remember to take it slow. There’s plenty of time to be a man and make all the grown-up decisions. Just enjoy the fleeting days of your childhood, for they are going so fast. Don’t worry so much about trivial things, trust me, you will do this more than enough when you get older! Follow your heart, it will never lead you astray. Go for your dreams, and know that you can accomplish anything. Remember, it’s okay to change your mind too and that doesn’t make you a failure.

School is just school. I’m not saying that it isn’t important to do a good job. Challenge yourself, you just might be surprised with the outcome! I’m just saying that all of the social issues and pressures are... just that. They don’t determine what kind of man you are going to be. Only you can determine that. Twenty years from now, all of that insignificant stuff won’t matter.

Remember to smile more and always be yourself, because yourself is far greater than anyone else’s idea of who you should be. Smile at the little things, and keep the big things in perspective, often they end up being not so big after all!

Know this, I am always proud of you and there will never come a day when I don’t love you a little bit more than the previous one!




Love,

Mom




p.s. Can you clean your room now, it’s disgusting?


xoxo


newsig

5 comments:

ellieshine March 18, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

I'm still giggling after reading the last line of your letter. I have my own teenage boy so I know what you mean. okay I'm still giggling. great photos of your gorgeous teenage son! love your letter and it is all true!

Kathy Campbell March 18, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Awwww, such a great letter!!

He is a very lucky young man!

tara March 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Very sweet and the last line made me chuckle, oh the little things I have to look forward to!

Megan March 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

i LOVE the last photograph.

and whew, teenage boys' rooms SMELL. no wonder febreeze uses them as a salespitch!

I Love Pretty Little Things April 1, 2010 at 6:42 AM  

I love your letter to your son. I have three teenage sons and I wish that they could understand that those little trivial things DON'T matter, and just to be themselves. I guess we all have to learn that in our own time...
And yes, boys room smell funny.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP