2/25/2010

My Thirty-four.

So, about a month ago, I found myself turning 34. What the heck? Where have the past 10 years gone? I mean wasn’t it just yesterday that I turned 24? Wow, 24, I thought that I knew everything! I had no idea! Every year time flies by just a little bit faster than the previous. Before I know it, I will be 35 and wondering how in the world I got there so fast! I want to make this year count. Make 34 a little bit different then the rest. So, I have made a list of 34 things that I want to accomplish in my 34th year.


  • 1. Start college (as of January 25th, I am a full-time college student).


  • 2. Sew something, anything.


  • 3. Learn to play an instrument.


  • 4. Read the bible in its’ entirety.


  • 5. Stop the excuses and start having date nights with my husband (we always feel so guilty, and bring the kids).


  • 6. Lose the “Amelia weight.”


  • 7. Stop calling it the “Amelia weight.”


  • 8. Live in a foreign country for at least a year (okay, so this is sort of cheating but I have always wanted to do this, so it counts right)?


  • 9. Finish my photography class and organize the thousands of photos I took last year.


  • 10. Learn to be comfortable in my skin.


  • 11. Give up my coke habit (or any other soda pop for that matter, gee what kind of “coke” were you guys thinking)!


  • 12. Be more consistent with my blogging. This is my “free-therapy” after all!


  • 13. Laugh more often (I am entirely too serious most of the time).


  • 14. Go to a karaoke lounge and sing (I absolutely love to sing but am too terrified to actually do it in public)!


  • 15. Run another marathon.


  • 16. Make a monthly date with my son, just me and my boy, doing something together that we have never done before.


  • 17. Take more pictures of me with my kids (lots of the kids, hardly any of me and the kids)!


  • 18. Try going vegetarian or vegan for an entire month and see how it makes me feel!


  • 19. Look in the mirror every morning and say something positive about myself.


  • 20. Exercise everyday, even if it is just going for a walk.


  • 21. Stop wasting energy on things that have happened in the past, no regrets!


  • 22. Make more time for prayer.


  • 23. More effectively communicate with my husband. (I tend to do the hold it all in and brood thing)!


  • 24. Learn how to cook something complicated that I have never made before.


  • 25. Print out and frame some of the pictures that I love for our walls.


  • 26. Send more snail mail to friends/family, after all, in these days of technology, who doesn’t love to open up the mailbox and get a sweet little postcard or note?


  • 27. Start and finish all of my re-finishing projects (old table, old bench, etc.) and take lots of pictures in the process!


  • 28. Get rid of all the clothes that I am honestly never going to wear again, therefore creating WAY more space in my closet!


  • 29. Learn at least a little conversational Japanese.


  • 30. Wear my hair down more often and take pictures for proof!


  • 31. Get a fabulous new haircut, therefore making it much easier to accomplish previous number!


  • 32. Treat everyday as if it were a Monday. Every day can be a fresh start.


  • 33. Dance a little bit everyday, even if it’s only in the shower!


  • 34. Don’t beat myself up if everything does not get accomplished!



So, there you have it. My crazy little list of things that I want to accomplish in my 34th year. This will be interesting to see how many of these that I will actually accomplish and just maybe I will learn something new about myself in the process!


Happy Friday blog world!






Me, in all of my freckle-faced, sans-makeup, glory!



newsig

4 comments:

tara February 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

I hear ya Alison, what happened to all those years in between 20 and 30! This is a great list and I think if you accomplish 5 of them and to their fullest, you are well on your way to accomplishing more!! have a great weekend and 1/2 of my work are Japanese, I need to learn some converstational Japanese as well! :)

Jodi Kendall February 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

great goals! #4 and #15 are on my list for 2010 too :)

Unknown February 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Happy belated birthday Ali!!! What an incredible list you've compiled! Awesome that you want to read the whole bible!

Hope Japan is treating you good ~

:) T

Julie March 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Happy Birthday Ali!! You are an amazing strong beautiful woman...if anyone can accomplish her goals it will be you. Stay happy & always smile & the goals will be easy.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP