6/24/2009

Who would have thought??

Who would have thought that in less than a year I would go from being a Marine in charge of troops, to being a stay at home mom that does stuff like this:




Oh yes, I am truly turning into some kind of domesticated diva or something.  Look out Martha!  Yesterday, I made pickles and salsa with some of our surplus from the garden we share and it was actually very rewarding!  Canning is kind of cool!  Shh.. just don't tell anyone that I said that.  They might have expectations or something!  Here are the results:


Three quarts of bread and butter pickles.  Yummy!  These are my favorites, can't wait to see how they turned out!


Seven pints of salsa.  Who doesn't love a good salsa?  I have lots of plans for these babies!

It just goes to show, you never know what the next chapter of your life is going to bring you.  Making something that you can share with your family as well as saving a few bucks in this economy is a rewarding feeling!  Maybe this whole stay-at-home-mom, housewife thing is going to be okay.  Well, maybe...


blog signature

1 comments:

Anonymous June 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

oh just a little jealous over here, at the whole stay at home mom thing. Your salsa and pickles look wonderful...and sounds tempting!! :0

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, and mother to three beautiful babies (well..one is not so much a baby anymore)! In 2009 I departed my career of 14 years to stay at home with my babies. That first year I thought that I might just go crazy....I survived! The road has been bumpy but gets better everyday. I might even be getting a little more domesticated along the way! I'm learning to love this path that my life has taken. Can't wait to see what's next!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP